The advantage of preparing our own butters at home is that we make sure that they do not carry additives and that their elaboration has been totally handmade.
Until a few years ago the consumption of butters was very questioned within healthy eating plans since these usually have a high-calorie index. Although this is true, it is currently proven that its moderate intake is beneficial and does not pose a risk of weight gain.
One of the most popular butters is the one that comes from raw cow’s milk, but there are also other interesting alternatives that can bring more benefits. This is the case of the 5 recipes that we want to share below. They will allow us to enjoy this delicious food without running the risk of harming our health.
Its qualities are based on its contribution to essential fatty acids, in addition to a significant amount of vitamins and minerals.
The following butter will be positive for health as long as they are introduced in the context of a balanced diet.
This type of butter is perhaps one of the most popular and used worldwide. It is a healthy choice that is characterized by a delightful flavor that goes very well with biscuits, cookies, and many other preparations.
It contains essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins that are involved in reducing oxidative stress.
In addition, it is very easy to prepare and can always be had on hand for a healthy, nutritious, and simply delicious snack.
- 3 cups natural peanuts (450 or 500 g).
How to prepare it?
- Put the peanut in a processor to beat it until you get a cream free of lumps and oily.
- On a powerful processor, it can take up to 10 minutes.
- When it is ready, store it in a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin is one of the most delicious, kind, and complete vegetables that can be found. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that strengthen the body’s defenses while preventing disease.
This butter made with its pulp is a very healthy and nutritious option. It is lower in fat and can be combined with other foods. Keep in mind that it provides potassium, a mineral capable of regulating blood pressure, according to a study published in the International Journal of Cardiology.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (200 g).
- 1 cup homemade peanut butter, without sugar or salt (200 g).
- 2 teaspoons of spices (ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves).
- 4 tablespoons pure honey (100 g).
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat as long as necessary to obtain a lump-free mixture.
- Put the product in sterilized jars and store it in the refrigerator to make it last longer.
Hazelnuts are a nut with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacities.
This delicious alternative to conventional butter tastes very pleasant, perfect for enjoying breakfast with cookies or bread.
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamins of type B: B2, B3, B6, B9.
- Minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, and iron.
- Carbohydrates and proteins.
- Keep in mind that vitamin E has been shown to act as a powerful antioxidant, reducing the risk of getting sick in the medium term.
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (130 g).
- Put the hazelnuts in a blender until they become creamy.
- To facilitate the smoothie it is advisable to take breaks.
- It will take us between 8 and 10 minutes to obtain a paste of adequate consistency.
- To finish, you can store it in a glass jar.
- Keep it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Coconut butter has become one of the substitutes for other vegetable fats that only cause difficulties in the body.
It has a very pleasant taste and is usually perfect for preparing many other recipes that require butter. It is rich in medium-chain fatty acids that are more easily metabolized compared to other varieties.
Additionally, it provides antioxidants and many nutrients that protect health. There is evidence that coconut lipids protect against cardiovascular problems.
- 4 cups dehydrated coconut (200 g).
- Put the coconut in the blender, making sure it covers a little more than half of the container.
- Start beating and leave it for 8 or 10 minutes until the cream is formed.
- You can store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Almonds are a source of vitamins and, in particular, contain vitamin B2
Vitamin B2 acts as a fundamental cofactor in obtaining energy in the cell. However, the evidence does not show that this increases our energy level.
Almonds are part of those nuts that can complement the diet thanks to their richness in healthy fats and antioxidants that help fight free radicals.
This butter is very easy to make and represents a great way to take advantage of the benefits of these fruits to take care of yourself.
- 2 cups almonds (310 g).
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Next, put the clean almonds on a tray and put them in the oven until they are well-browned.
- When they are toasted, let them cool for a few minutes and take them to the food processor.
- Add some salt and beat for 5 to 15 minutes until you get the butter.
- Pour it into a jar and enjoy it.